Here are some ways to keep mosquitoes away from your indoor activities:
- Doing some routine maintenance around the house yearly. We promise it’s worth it!
- Check the weather stripping around the doors and windows. If you find that it’s warn replace it.
- Check your screens on the doors and windows even a tiny hole can allow these unwanted pests in.
- Remember to keep your doors and windows closed especially in the morning and evening hours when mosquitoes are more active. Be mindful of your activities and younger children. Teach them to help keep the doors closed.
Outdoor activities can be a bit more challenging, but there are still some useful tips to keep mosquitoes away:
- Mosquitoes aren’t very good at flying! Install outdoor fans if possible. It’s a known fact that the female mosquito that does the biting. It’s the male mosquito that likes to fly into the zapper, so that’s not a win win.
- Remember the little ones that aren’t able to defend themselves as well. There are netting items to put over the baby furniture to help with this issue.
- We sometimes get busy working and forget about ourselves. So be sure to pick up protective headgear with netting if you will be out working outside or in your yard for long periods of time.
- Remove any standing water. You can use fill dirt if it’s not a drainage area.
- Our preferred first line of defense is, of course, our Mosquito program. We spray all year around because Texas’ winters just aren’t harsh enough to fully break the cycle.